PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 04:14
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is indeed hard to feel any positive vibes coming out of the airport. The future feels as bleak as it did 7 weeks ago, maybe more so. With TUI announcing 8,000 worldwide job cuts and with its UK HQ just a mile away and a hangar at the airport I cannot see how Luton will not feel even more pain in the coming weeks.

The airport has cut costs and has even put signs up that if anyone ventures onto the multi-storey car park roofs they will need a torch at night as the lighting has been switched off. This from an airport that was using electrical outside heaters a couple of months ago to keep the smokers toasty except they never made a difference.

Despite this, the terminal is open 24/7 with I think 4 flights a week arriving in the early hours. I would have thought Wizz could have changed flight times to a more passenger and airport friendly schedule when for instance their Tel Aviv flights are the only use of that aircraft for that day.

No car park busses either, which is another reason why I won’t be back for a while, as it makes a reasonable walk from home a very long walk. Even when the buses start again I would be a reluctant passenger and this is the airports dilemma. Everyday the public will be doing their own risk assessments and flying will be seen as a risky business for a long time to come for many.

Last edited by LTNman; 15th May 2020 at 05:02.