PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 2.0 to swap A330s and B777s for Boing 787s
Old 15th May 2020, 03:09
UsernameGoesHere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEA320
yes it will probably be a month before TT flights resume on a regular basis. NZ is talking about YVR to start soon, so you'll be able to fly Australia/AKL/YVR in couple of months & maybe SFO & LAX month after that. It should be noted that flights within USA have not been restricted at all, just less flights, but some are rather full. Announcements about having to wear masks, but these are not being enforced.

So my bets for regular passenger flights (without any quarantine) are:-

OZ domestic - 1 JUNE or maybe intrastate only ?
TT-1 JULY
CANADA-1 AUGUST
USA-1SEPT

What dates are you all betting on ?
Definitely not 2020 for International to US. I'm in WA so it'll be much longer for International from here but I think it's sensible that way. The regional passenger flights that will start in Phase 4 for all of the state could help our tourism industry after maybe a few years. Of course it will take a long time but it will happen. Interstate travel should start from Phase 4 which would be later this year (maybe September for WA, July/August for over East?) and then possibly the Trans-Tasman bubble will include flights to/from Perth when the Eastern states would have already had NZ flights operating for a little while longer. I know that Air New Zealand postponed their AKL-JFK by 1 year from October 2020 to October 2021, makes a lot of sense to me. It also depends on when other countries open their borders, I think if anyone in Australia wants to do any sort of planning for a holiday in the near-ish future I would say it would be best to choose somewhere within Australia or maybe New Zealand depending on the trans-Tasman bubble.