PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFR - Virgin Administrators come under fire for doubtful forecasts
Old 15th May 2020, 00:25
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
Frankly I'm surprised that that story isn't generating more widespread interest/concern, particularly the
bit.

If I were one of the thousands of Virgin customers, sorry, guests, holding a travel credit I'd be extraordinarily pi55ed off. I've been done out of a refund at a federal court hearing that I had no representation at such that I'm now effectively being treated as an unsecured creditor but with no representation on the Committee of Inspection.

As to the 'travel credits will be valid for the administration period', how much flying and on what routes is likely to occur during 'the administration period'? The Administrator is effectively rissoling the customers here and it's all gone under the radar.

And it's made all the more galling knowing that PS is still trousering twenty large a week ... to do what exactly?
A challenge for Virgin will be any of the customers who have been stiffed by their collapse. VA risks having customers move over to Qantas as Qantas will still be seen as ‘reliable and safe’. Virgin on the other hand has a dark cloud hanging over its head. The new entity can redeem itself over time, but there will be an element of customer uncertainty for some time also. If they look after all those who have been inconvenienced they may win their loyal customers back. It is passengers that generate the big bucks so you don’t want them offside.

As for Scurrah, well he was the Captain of the ship for over a year. Captains should go down with their ships. Once things are all done and dusted and a new owner(s) is/are found there should be no need to keep ‘Mr $20k per week’ on the books. Out with pretty much anyone managerial prior to the collapse. CEO, COO, GM’s and the Board, all gone.