PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Base Training, Command Courses, POS18 and job cuts
Old 14th May 2020, 04:38
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bacou
What about creating a cargo subsidiary with the 747 and furlough the passenger aircraft pilots ?
Wouldn't it save more money than cutting KA.?

Anyway longhaul is dead for years and 320/321 might be the future of aviation in many places.
Where do you guys get this crap? We are all on a common seniority list, and that needs to be respected. Period. Full stop. End of story. Any other machinations by CX (or you dweebs imagining their slimy, seniority avoiding plots for them) needs to be met with the full disdain and resistance of the collective pilot group.

CoS18 pilots and many more above them need to accept that you can and should be made redundant / furloughed. I’m not taking ANY concessions to keep you on the payroll. It’s not my job to do that. I have fought too hard for too long to have a decent career to take one in the chops so some almost, baby pilot can have a job flying widebodies.

Trust me, you will feel the same way when you are decently far up a seniority list listening to the whiny brats at the bottom talk about how the airline needs to get rid of you because you’re too expensive and your experience doesn’t count for much.