PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Shuts Down Super Star Project – March 15, 2018
Old 13th May 2020, 13:57
BEA 71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my comment I might be tared and feathered by some, but these old aircraft belong, nicely preserved, to a museum. You can not bring back the atmoshere and the spirit of the 50´s ( or even earlier ). In my younger years I travelled on all Douglas Props, except for DC 1,2, and 5 ), on Super Constellations and on the Convair Twins, flying, i.e. air travel in these days was a completely different experience. I have seen D-AQUI very frequently, also had a ride on " Tante Ju ", the " shell " being Junkers, but otherwise it was a high tech aircraft, the interior brand new with leather seats, etc.. I have spent a great deal of my life travelling by air, and worked in the airline business much of my working life, I always felt that an aircraft has had its life when taken out of service, and that, very often, for good reasons. My love for aviation is still great, but for the sake of air safety, museums are the best option.

Last edited by BEA 71; 13th May 2020 at 14:00. Reason: Spelling Error