PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To fly or not?
Thread: To fly or not?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2020, 10:54
TelsBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is, there's too many folk with an axe to grind, so it's all Boris' fault, Labour, the Nationalists, etc... add complete and utter hysteria fanned by the media and the result is many folk have completely lost perspective. Some folk are literally terrified to go out of their front door for fear of death, whilst others seem to think this is all some sort of conspiracy to bring 1984 to life. Both of which are 180 degrees off course from reality.

Yes, this thing is nasty, and every death or related is an utter tragedy. A price can't be put on life. We've had to act and act fast to squash this thing as much as we can. However, everything is a balance. Life cannot simply "stop" and has to carry on in some form, with some very sensible precautions. Which is where the "common sense" comes in.

I can't fly anyway as 1) my club is shut UFN, 2) my local airfield is also closed UFN apart from air ambulance, mail/cargo and CAA-approved maint flights, 3) my SEP and med are both expired now. So for me I just need to be patient until some more common sense thinking prevails or the risk becomes low enough for ops to return. Can't see my AME as the practice he operates from is shut, no "distancing" practical in a SEP hence why the club's shut for now, and until the airlines start flying again here the airfield will likely remain closed to all but the aforementioned essential movements. Will be interesting to see how instruction will work, if at all.

Missing it all but there's bigger things at play here. Glad I've still got a job (still a worry considering the state the aviation industry's in) and able to pay the bills and feed the kids, especially as we're a single-income household. Most importantly, we still have our health.