PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2020, 07:20
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose people from Eastern Europe don't have family emergencies or need to travel to/from the UK from work.
Your comment should not target Eastern Europeans just because they are Eastern Europeans but Europeans in general, as the same point would cover people travelling to and from Tenerife, Portugal, Israel and Cyprus.

With quarantines set to be introduced in the UK and quarantines coming into force in Spain at the weekend it will be interesting to see if those people needing to travel for family emergencies and other essential reasons still bother to travel or whether the emergency can wait until the quarantine ends. That is assuming the quarantine is followed rather than for convenience ignored.

A single fare on the flight to Israel tomorrow is £504 so I expect it will be standing room only. While Wizz will be making money out of that flight I can't see them selling many tickets on their new Luton services any time soon unless the quarantine is short lived.

These are indeed black days for Luton and aviation in general. With these quarantine rules this would end what is remaining of Luton's Biz jet traffic.

Last edited by LTNman; 13th May 2020 at 07:35.