PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 17:45
GROUNDHOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pistonprop
I'm of the opinion the vast majority of people will (if national regulations allow) holiday in their own country. It means they can travel in their own vehicles, maybe rent a holiday property (rather than stay in a crowded hotel) and if they begin to feel unwell get back home with ease. As much as it pains me to say so, I think that the airline industry will suffer for a long time.
A little twist to that, We own a motorhome, fully self sufficient with solar power, generator, domestic size fridge etc and all our own 'facilities' so on the basis of the current advice we could self isolate anywhere quite legally, for a day trip or days on end in an isolated spot if it were allowed without meeting another human being. Total isolation.
However, right now I am scared to take it on the road as many owners of similar vehicles have received abuse, threats to themselves and of damage to what is a very expensive vehicle. I can do exactly the same trips to the beach in my car and no one says a word. Is that fair?