PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 09:15
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsvpilot
..........I don't think anyone is claiming to offer a guaranteed job. Saying "now it's a good time to start training" or "airliners will start hiring again" isn't more dishonest than saying the opposite.
Whilst you are quite correct that no ATO can ever guarantee employment for a ‘whitetail’ customer, you miss the point by cherry picking part of Uncle Dickies post.

You must take the whole post as best practice, as it is, in essence, an indivisible framework to adopt.

It is true that “airliners(sic) will start hiring again”. The question is when. Given the number of known ‘unknowns’ that generates a wide range of starting dates.

What would be a honest answer to give a potential customer? Honesty is what you sincerely believe to be true.

I would suggest the best anyone can do just now is an inspired guess, even with Ryanair announcing today that they intend to operate 1,000 flights by 1 July, subject to restrictions being lifted
[TIMES on line article today]

.......” a good time to start training”. I would opine that the answer may well be inextricable linked to the hiring question.

Whilst the Integrated training route is invariably the quickest way to qualify, the Modular route allows you to set you own pace as the present crisis unfolds.