PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Admiral Woodward's attitude to the RAF intelligence product...?
Old 12th May 2020, 08:57
Mogwi

Received 379 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I don’t know, the article I mentioned to you simply questioned the photos being taken by Harrier, judging by the damage no repair attempts have been made and why would you take it post war?

As Bomber H has stated, the SHAR F95 was SFO and we had two lenses; the normal one for standard low-level phots and another with a longer focal length for high-level work. This was only rarely used, as the resolution of the 2 1/4" square wet negs using the standard lens was amazingly good.

As as a matter of course, we took vert shots of Stanley airfield (often on a daily basis) on our way to/from CAP at around 25,000'. These were passed to the Army Photographic Interpreter on Hermes for analysis, although I was also PI trained (don't ask!) and managed to find a few things that he missed! The best one was a target that he identified as "rows of penguins" near Fox Bay; they were, in fact, hundreds of 40gall barrels of fuel! Didn't half burn well after No1(F)'s first attack.

Mog