PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 04:14
tsvpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
Of all examples of trolling I've seen on that forum that was well and by far the finest. Great irony - but, sadly, that's what any overexcited and underinformed candidate will hear if they ask the marketing department of any FTO that has one... As long as they have done their job, yours becomes entirely your own problem.
Not sure who is more naive student falling for a glossy brochure or people calling FTOs out for making them. It would be rather poor marketing if instead of a glossy brochure they were sending out matte flyers informing their potential clients that flight training is an incredibly risky investment and there is no guarantee of a job. If I go to a realtor I don't expect them to advise against buying a house because it's better to rent. It's indeed a business and they are marketing their business most efficient way possible. By no means is it FTOs job to act as a career & financial adviser to ensure their potential client doesn't make a bad investment by buying their service.