PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coming Battle
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 23:49
Pickuptruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon69

Since you're obviously a new joiner let me correct and educate you. The AoA did not see the court cases to its conclusion. In fact after the membership voted in the 49er offer by the company, the AoA was obligated to suspend any further aid to the court cases. This transpired years before the conclusion of the lawsuit. It was a break away union called the CPU that funded and carried the lawsuit to its conclusion.

Furthermore, although the individuals were awarded a meagre amount, and thus seemed as a hollow victory, the favourable jurisdiction ruling in Crofts versus Veta has ended up costing the company millions indirectly as they no longer could base crews and circumnavigate labor laws as they pleased.

dragon69, sorry to burst your deluded bubble but the company always wins. Think Paris base, SHP, COS18, Oz and all thats occurred since. I can’t see any winning by anyone but the company.

You remind my of the AOA old guard who hoped for hundreds to be fired by the company so the fight was bigger. Like some pompous First World War British general. There were suicides and dozens of divorces and unimaginable hardship amongst the 49ers, how the f*ck people like you think it was a victory, though a hollow one, is beyond me.