PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 22:59
vikingivesterled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nolimitholdem
Current CEO has been with Norwegian for six months.
Not defending past Norwegian hiring practices, but putting all the blame on this individual is ignorant of the facts.
I also find it a bit suspect that the most vociferous contributors on this thread seem to hail from Dublin.
I'm sure it's just coincidence that the home base of one of Norwegian's bitterest rivals happens to be one and the same...
And, I'm sure SEPLA, like any union, would be thrilled to have their proprietary, confidential correspondence displayed in full.
So much professionalism on display it's hard to know where to start!
If you can't find anything factually wrong with the message, attack the background of the messenger, very Trump'ish.
There do live quite a few norwegians in Dublin.
Norwegian was for a time quite aggresive in recruiting also in Dublin for the base there.
Many of Norwegian's forced new owners are based in Dublin so expect to here a lot more maybe not so welcome comments from there.

And for being new in the job. The past Norwegian CEO did not cut most of their employees loose overnight, even when times where tough. Schram is not helping himself either by bragging of his airline experience polishing planes in the Fornebu hangar as a youth, or telling everybody how he tries to be home every day by 17:30 Even tough that last part might sit well in Norway's work/life balance society, the airline industry is a competitive international business.
I can fully understand why Norwegian want to keep on the quiet their handling of simply dumping their international employees and its possible financial repercussions. But if a company don't respond to correspondence in a normal civilised and businesslike way people find other methods.