PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Flight Training Academy Instructor insight
Old 10th May 2020, 21:36
pasupercub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the recorded video assessment this afternoon. I didn't really study for it - you get 30 secs of prep time per question. Generally, it is straightforward but I don't know what 'fit' they are looking for. What I mean by this is do they want career instructors or someone who is happy to do it for 2-5 years before moving onto an airline (or big/better things).
Some airlines do a debt of service to affiliated schools, so I am interested to see whether this is an option. Perhaps after 5 years of instructional service, you could transition into the airline side of things (hopeful but v. doubtful given you ned 700 hours to apply in the first place). I already have a decent instructor job teaching in singles, twins and floatplanes so some sort of transition/link into emirates would be the key for me.

That being said, I would be surprised if I get past this stage (I am assuming that my answer to the future career question is not what they wanted to hear). I answered the question by saying I ultimately wanted to be an airline pilot and one day I wanted to fly a380s all over the world. I added I would be disappointed if i wasn't at an airline within 5 years. The teaching qs were ok, although there is no mention of the assumed level of knowledge of the student. Anyway, I've listed the questions I got asked below. There was also another written question but I can't remember it.

Video answers (one attempt each and times varied between 1.5 - 3 mins) :
Why have you applied for EFTA?
What experience, credentials and personal attributes make you suited?
Why you over someone else with the same credentials?
What are your future career aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 1, 3 and 5 years?

Teaching qs (still video answers):
Why does an aircraft pitch up when adding power and pitch down when reducing power?
How would you teach steep turns?

Written qs (no time limit):
Salary expectations
Written notice period

Last edited by pasupercub; 10th May 2020 at 22:56.