PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 16:56
squidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bridgestone17
They would say that wouldn't they!
Like lambs to the slaughter. It is very irresponsible of them to give you false hope just because you want to be a Pilot. They simply want your money.
Consider the worldwide economic downturn - will people have spare money to go on holiday? There is possibly a major financial depression about to happen.
Consider public confidence in the travel industry - look at the way current customers are not being refunded for cancelled trips. Most will become reluctant to commit large sums of money for what could be a non-event.
Consider a suitable public immunisation programme - a vaccine hasn't even been developed yet. There will have to be a universal agreement on health requirements at point of entry and departure otherwise 2 weeks holiday PLUS 2 weeks quarantine will be unrealistic for most travellers.
There was a major shortage of Flying Instructors at most schools so will there be enough staff for them to carry out these courses?
Consider all those experienced unemployed Pilots chasing after too few jobs
Two years is too soon. Try 5, go Modular and save a fortune.........
Not the first time I’ve heard that recently, but only from integrated schools that will go under if they ARE honest to their students. Try ask this question to an FTO that offers only modular training? Or someone who has been working in the industry? I agree that businesses need to survive, but I also agree that they should be honest with their students and not lead them down the wrong path.

Any upfront costs into aviation training for the next several years is going to be very risky. If you have hundreds of thousands to potentially waste then yeah you go for it. Having just the right amount of money for an integrated course then I’d suggest save it for when the industry begins to recover because if you loose it now you’ll probably never get the chance again.

It’s not rocket science this, it’s all over the main stream media so there is very little digging to actually do. IAG, Ryanair, BALPA all saying its going to take several years to get back to the pre-covid19 demand. So why a school offering a massively expensive course would know any better. Beyond me.