PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOL and Spam
Thread: AOL and Spam
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2003, 05:09
Keef

Official PPRuNe Chaplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know the cure for AOL users, if AOL themselves are revealing your address.

I've solved the Spam problem from my end (well, 99%,anyway). I use Spamcop. A few dollars a year!

All my e-mail addresses either forward mail to my Spamcop address, or Spamcop's POP Processor pulls the mail from them. It then checks the mail against Spamcop's blacklists and my personal blacklist, and doesn't even send me stuff that fails that test.

Mail that passes the test is sent to my very confidential "washed mail" address.

There's also a personal "whitelist" for my friends who use AOL - which is otherwise almost permamently blocked by Spamcop because of its association with Spammers.

Every day or so, I check the "held mail" at Spamcop (once very couple of weeks there's a genuine one in there), and report the lot via Spamcop's spam reporting utility.

Folks I know who've used other methods have thanked me profusely for recommending Spamcop. The great thing is that the junk never finds its way into your PC to start with, and you can report it very easily.

The way to go!