PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peach Japan NTR Captains
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 01:40
jpn crj driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by On Guard
Can any guys up their enlighten me on tax. My investigation it looks like you pay 33%, do you get any back?

Thanks.
Hey Guard

I am not a Peach Pilot but do fly in Japan and pay Japanese Tax as a resident... You will pay Natl, Prefecture and City taxes... Those come to about 36% for me and Peach pay is about the same... The tax rates are tiered so the more you make the more you will pay... If you plan 36% you will be in the ballpark... NHI the health Insurance tax runs about 990,000 JPY a year, think Peach picks up half... It also is a tiered tax but all pilots in Japan get to the max tax, the 990,000 was last year and it also increases with ones age I believe... The "Pension" tax I am not sure which one they will enroll you in... We are in the "low" wage sector one and it is 16,000 JPY a month, mate at Vanilla was in the high wage sector and was 55,000 a month... Want the low end if possible because the chances of getting your money back on departure is remote... These numbers are only my personal experience check with a tax pro is recommended for exact numbers... Best of luck...

Kampai