PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DSS MicroVib 11
Thread: DSS MicroVib 11
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2020, 13:57
wrench1

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesafari
Does anybody have or used the track and balance kit made by Dynamic Solutions Systems, MicroVib 11? Is it worth looking at? Sounds cheap enough compared with Chadwick. Supposed to be one man (i.e. Pilot) operated. Will it do a proper spectrum analysis? Pro's/cons? Thinking about it for A109 and fixed wing propeller balance. Comments appreciated.
We started getting the Micro at my day job just before I retired and since the Micro was designed and built by 2 ex-Chadwick engineers I thought it would be the go to equipment. But have to say I much preferred any of our other vib equip like RADS, Chadwick 177/8500, and VXP over the Micro. From a price point, yes they're on the low side, but if price is a concern look to the ACES Systems line of equipment. Much better interface and by far much better support. I went with an ACES 2020 for a side business I had for props then added a strobe for some helicopter work I picked up.
Originally Posted by bluesafari
Supposed to be one man (i.e. Pilot) operated. Thinking about it for A109 and fixed wing propeller balance.
All vib equipment can technically be considered a "one-man" ops, but practically it's better to have one person minding the aircraft and one person minding vibration equip. Regardless, unless you are a mx shop and/or plan to be performing a lot of track and balancing, it's usually a better option to rent a kit or 3rd party the vib checks due to the initial cost and up keep costs like yearly calibration, etc.