PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The last BOAC Boeing 707 in existence?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2020, 06:50
Wyvernfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExSp33db1rd
I recall flying a 707 into Philidelphia and leaving it there for Boeing to collect as part of the deal for the next purchase of a 747. I then recall reading an article about how a 707 was towed through Philly at night, traffc lights etc being removed to allow it to pass, it being presented to the Franklin Institute by Boeing. Not long afterwards I was on another trip to Philly, and walking around a corner was staggered to see the tail assembly of a 707 sticking out into the street - G-A??? ( can't remember and can't access my logbooks right now. ) from the Franklin Institute. I went inside and told them that I had flown that very aircraft into Philly not long before, on its last flight, and could I have a free entry to have another look at it ? Granted. The flight deck was exactly as I had last seen it, with the exception that all the then rewindable, clocks with stopwatch function had been taken out of the Pilot's, F/engs and Nav's instrument panels !
Great story! I presume the wings had been shortened in some way before it’s journey down the streets of Philadelphia?!

Rob.