Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Nutts Mutts
Pax numbers in 2020 according to his tweet:

January: 101,758
February: 107,931
March: 24,619
April: 1,331

Unbelievabe decline when viewed like that.
Anyone would think there was an international health crisis and a government enforced lockdown in place.....

To all the doom merchants on here you might want to look how the crisis has affected even the likes of LHR before singling our SOU. You could of course focus on the fact that the long term tree issue at Marhill Copse is finally being dealt with or that the planning application for the runway extension is still full steam ahead despite the crisis. Not to mention the fact a lot of BEs routes were back filled within a few weeks of BE going bust. I guess some people just live a glass half empty life.

It looks to me increasingly likely that SOU has potentially done a deal with a low cost operator to open up a base at SOU conditional on the runway being extended. I am not saying that this is definitely the case, but pension funds rarely make large investments in assets without a solid return being locked in. It might well be that It is just a speculative investment, but the fact it’s being pursued in a crisis might suggest that the business case/financial reward is still contractually in place. Whilst the aviation industry is going to take time to recover, it always does. 9/11 is the perfect example.