PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 15:53
The96er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedrestriction
Nonsense, to achieve 2 m social distancing on a 320 series aircraft you will only be able to fit 2 people per row and leave 2 completely empty rows which will equate to 20 passengers on a 180 seat aircraft or a load factor of 11%. It ain’t going to work.
A certain green airline airline this morning gave a memo to handling agents as regards to the boarding of said green airlne, stating "to board in small groups" and "board from the centre rows outwards" (When boarding via steps). At all times, passengers to be seperated in this process by 2m !!, obviously a reaction to the percieved bad press they got the other day, but still fails to take into account that Social distancing is impossible once onboard the aircraft.

I guess, all airlines/airport and other transport mediums will by trying to give the perception 'Look what we're doing' to try and avoid the enivitable false outrage on social media as was witnessed the other day and associated bad press that comes with it weather it is justified or not in the intial days of scaling up operations. I fully expect all of this nonesence will soon die down when people realise that there's no such thing as 'the new normal' !! A phrase I'm tired of hearing already.

Last edited by The96er; 7th May 2020 at 16:18.