PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report of plane missing near Renmark SA
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2020, 07:56
Duck Pilot

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Part of the problem is that the CASA FCAT program inhibits FOI’s from remaining current enough to be safe, let alone being able to be in an operational seat to do any kind of assessment on a pilot or crew, particularly if any kind of simulated abnormals are required.

I know of an FOI who once tried to take off with the pitot cover on in a Twin Comanche whilst doing re-currency training, I thought something was wrong when the airspeed indicator started going backwards at about 40 knots!!!!

Part of the reason why I no longer work for CASA, I wasn’t sacked I was simply frustrated that I wasn’t given adequate opportunity to keep my fundamental cognitive skills proficient enough to the level that I expected of myself as a professional pilot. I know that a very large majority of current and past CASA FOIs will agree 100% with regards to this statement.

This accident should never of happened, CASA’s processes failed Steve and both of the two pilots who were tragically killed in this accident. The processes should never have allowed this training environment to occur. I bet nothing has changed and the same sh!t is still happening today.

CASA must let the current FE’s and Instructors do the potentially dangerous stuff, if it’s absolutely required. To many of these unnecessary training accidents have occurred over the years.

Last edited by Duck Pilot; 7th May 2020 at 09:32.