PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Magazine to stop print version, digital only.
Old 6th May 2020, 19:01
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Forfoxake
LAA and BMAA mags still worth a read imho but suppose they will also go digital eventually.
I agree but when you join the LAA the print magazine is free. Except it costs the LAA money to,print and deliver.

Monthly magazines are often full of advertorial and never want to upset the advertisers.

They will always be full of nice stories that never upset anyone.

In my case the Tracey Curtis Taylor story is a prime example .

She lied and cheated her solo flights with a 20’000 hour instructor up front but I was castigated by Flyer and Ian Seager for revealing the truth which just about every newspaper in the UK carried.

He locked the Flyer forum thread on the ground of repetition and it was boring. As an ex BBC and Reuters broadcast producer I disagreed.

Pprune let the thread run and because of that a lot of people contributed to the story and the commercial lies that funded her ‘solo’ expeditions. Boeing were up there in front funding the deception.

I do understand that magazine journalism is a long way from the mainstream but the truth should never be buried to please the advertisers.

In fairness to Pilot editor Phil Whiteman he ran an editorial on the saga.

The LAA stripped her of the award. Since then she has been unheard of .

To this day I cannot post on Flyers website without a moderator approval.

Suffice to say I don’t bother.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 6th May 2020 at 19:12.