PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take-off technique in light singles and twins
Old 6th May 2020, 09:54
deja vu

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
iAnother aircraft that can get quite exciting if the failure occurs at Vr is the MU2. No way can you safely fly that thing away from just off the ground with an engine failure. Yet to my mind - treated with due respect - the MU2 is the best light turboprop ever built.
With all due respect your statement re flying an MU2 away from just off the ground with an engine failure is not correct. Certainly it is going to take a significant amount of training and a few things going for you. I was very fortunate to be sent to Flight Safety in Houston for an MU2 refresher course after having accumulated around 100 hours on the Marquise model following a very basic endorsement. That was 40 years ago and I still remember about 8 hours of the sim part of the course was all s/e work, including failures at TOSS , numerous sim resets later survival was achieved. Sadly not everyone got to go to Flight Safety but I did manage to demonstrate the same at altitude during endorsement of others.

I am a little confused about your references to V1 and Vr in regard to the MU2.