PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A New Age In T’s & C’s
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2020, 07:53
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White Knight
Personally I doubt that this will last as long as some think it will. We're sociable animals, so 'social distancing' will come to pass... And once the news headlines latch onto something else, as they surely will, the fear factor will also fade!
I agree with this. If you live in parts of the world that have mosquitos, the chance of picking up malaria is a part of normal day to day life including the fact that malaria kills many more people than covid19 has/does. And malaria has an effective medication to both prevent and cure, but millions can't afford to take it. Life goes on.
The question for the airlines is, how long before the 'new normal' attitude to our mortality takes to catch on and can they survive the transition. I have the unenviable task of doing the weekly shop during this lockdown. A few weeks ago people were reasonable sensible except for the insatiable desire for toilet roll. In the last 2 weeks there is definitely a change to a more fearful population jumping out of the way of anyone coming close to them in supermarkets. The message to be afraid has been learnt , no doubt helped along by our sensationalist media, I think it will take a lot of unlearning before mass air transport happens again.