PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 22:31
flash8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Graduated in Computer Science from a decent UK Uni, dot com boom, made easily enough for CPL/IR (shoutout to VFC and Harvs!) in Canada and a 737 TR, worked SE Asia for a few years on the classic thanks to a huge break that many pray for (and I got), realised this wasn't for me (and had some other issues), quit in some style (walked out), eventually they gave me a reference (a story by itself) and went back to IT, and within a few years was back on track, still maintain some interest (hence still on the site) but nothing would have enticed me back.

I certainly don't (unlike some) put myself on a pedestal and I've never experienced (like one poster) the awe and "feeling different" from their new work colleagues, most of those colleagues incidentally don't give a damn and (in my case) only one or two showed any interest whatsoever.

Former Captain now a Lawyer, F/O now an owner of a chain of guesthouses, F/O now running a large Moscow club (part of a chain), myself, IT Consultant, all part of the old base.. long gone.

Some seem to harbour the thought that life outside aviation is non-existent, or somehow a step down.