PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 22:24
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stop the negativity!

Why is there so much negativity in this forum about LTN and Wizzair?

Other airlines like Emirates, Qatar, American, Virgin, Aer Lingus and BA are all operating limited schedules into other UK airports, and why is it so bad for Wizzair to re-start operations too, and its not like they are currently operating a full schedule either. They are only a few weeks ahead of other UK airlines.

I think todays news by Wizzair announcing six new routes is a major confidence boost for the airport, and that the airline has faith that Brits will want to travel.

No one is being made to travel and the first of these new routes do not start until July when hopefully Lockdown will be a distant memory and people want to get on with their lives. Nearly all other UK airlines are planning to have restarted operations well before July!

easyJet, Jet2 and TUI have made it clear their summer schedules are recommencing by mid-June and these new WIzz Air routes will just be joining them. If passengers already have holidays booked and the airlines are operating the flights, people will have no choice but to travel or potentially loose thousands on family holidays in the peak summer if they choose not to go.

I am sure the airport and airlines are planning to minimise the risks of travelling as much as possible and will be no worse than other UK airports/airlines. The risks are no worse than travelling by train or bus!

As long as people are healthy and follow guidelines laid down by authorities/airlines I am sure they will be fine.