PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling MarkerInbound !
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 20:39
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
.Probably won't ever make any difference to a domestic employer but those unfamiliar license details can sometimes be a showstopper to a clerk vetting a sea of applications for an overseas carrier. I hope and pray that he doesn't ever have to stoop to what is for an American the last refuge of a scoundrel: expat flying. And yes, I speak from experience.
'bubba,

He's done some of that for DoD contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. But that's not purely expat flying. The only DHC-8 job I've seen recently was AAR for Iraq. He ain't doin' that ! Wife won't ever agree to it.

This is now just my little project to get an official answer from someone at FAA. I wrote to the Airman Certification Branch in OKC but they offered nothing; told me to contact local FSDO. That's not the first place I'd look for an answer to a fringe issue like this. I don't think you can expect your friendly local ACI to have a definitive answer.

I looked at the web page for the FAA Chief Counsel Office thinking I'd ask for a legal interpretation but don't see how to approach them in a proper way.

Never underestimate a cranky old guy with time on his hands.