PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling MarkerInbound !
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 17:29
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Similarly, I've had an attempt to add the dreaded 'CIRC. APCH.-VMC ONLY' to a type rating years later while working for a 121 carrier with the now customary VMC circling restriction in the Ops Specs. I did do the circle on the initial ATP ride decades earlier and on the type rating ride but it was (wisely) subsequently eliminated from the training syllabus of the 121 carrier.

Didn't really matter but I talked my way out of the 'update' to my ticket.

Originally Posted by bafanguy
Now is a good time to not have anything on your ticket that might limit your options...as if you're going to have many.
Probably won't ever make any difference to a domestic employer but those unfamiliar license details can sometimes be a showstopper to a clerk vetting a sea of applications for an overseas carrier. I hope and pray that he doesn't ever have to stoop to what is for an American the last refuge of a scoundrel: expat flying. And yes, I speak from experience.

I remember a while back reading about a colleague who was proudly retiring from a 30-year airline career with only one type rating - the 727. I've kinda had the other problem.