PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 5th May 2020, 14:46
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many options

Originally Posted by Tommy Gavin
Even though I have nothing to do with BALPA and my job isn't on the line (for now) , it is important for every pilot in Europe that BA (but also AF/LH/KLM...) come to an agreement that once the planes are flying again you will be employed on acceptable T&C's. Guess what MOL / Wizz and the likes will offer if even the flag carriers are (further) lowering there standards.

The Lufty pilots have given an excellent statement by offering part time work across the board as long as this crisis last. They also did this before any redundancies were announced. Smart move IMHO.
Plenty of options available indeed from "part time work across the board " to unpaid leave for 6-12 months (when/if furlough ends) and much more.
Top priority must be to save jobs now - once the crisis has ended the options will change as status of aviation will be much clearer.

Meanwhile in Australia:“The Government’s support of the aviation industry by underwriting some essential flying, and the support to the broader economy through JobKeeper, have been greatly appreciated. Public health initiatives like the COVIDSafe app are one of the ways we’ll be able to start travelling sooner, so we strongly encourage all Australians to download it.

“I want to recognise our people for their continued support and understanding in the face of this crisis. In particular, those who’ve helped bring Australians home from overseas and kept an essential domestic and regional network running, carrying on what the national carrier has done for 100 years.”

Last edited by ILS27LEFT; 5th May 2020 at 15:09.