PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 10:04
Sholayo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke258
Maybe you got a different idea of med school, but this is to achieve a different degree and follow a different Job. The qualification you get after completing med school/University. That's Kind of the point here, to achieve a qualification in an interesting and Well respected profession. So my question is, if anyone done that before. I don't need a lecture on my Chances without a qualification outside aviation.
I think it's like scenario for 45 yrs old who wanted to become a pilot back then in 2010-2019.
You need a lot of time, money and patience to work long hours on minimum wage before you break even.
While MDs will be in high demand in forseeable future - even if we would beat COVID tomorrow - it takes years to graduate and years to get good position "in the industry".
I personally know couple of people who managed to get paid pilot job after 40, but I never heard of any career changer to medicine.

One thing I would suggest is the same people were getting on how to get 0 to ATPL on a budget. Come to Poland, education is cheap, living costs low (assuming studies outside of Warsaw), streets are safer then in large cities in US or EU (this may change due to unemployment skyrocketing). And the diploma you get is valid in entire EU.