PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas puts Project Sunrise on hold
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 09:32
f1yhigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by physicus
Speaking as PAX, QF have to be very careful or they will lose their top end travellers if they phase out the A380 too early without an adequate replacement. Their 787 interior is the worst J class I've ever flown on a new aircraft, and there's no F. J accounts for about 25% revenue, F for 30%, less than half, the remaining 45%, are from the back of the bus. Keeping up with EK will become harder and harder without Sunrise flights. As long as a single connection is required, EK serve far more destinations in Europe with a fantastically painless transit in DXB. LHR is an unmitigated disaster every single time (I couldn't cock up with such consistency if I wanted to), so that's on my avoid at all cost list. CDG is no better, FRA perhaps is, I don't know? But why stop there? Post COVID people will want to minimise stops. This is the time for bold expansion, slots will be available aplenty. I think they should think big and go hard as soon as the restrictions lift. Put the orders in for double the number of A350s, kit them out with mostly J and F, and fly direct to LHR,CDG,FRA,ZRH or GVA (lots of UN and diplomatic business going that way), maybe add FCO. US is already well covered once JFK has a direct.

Travel will resume. And those who have negotiated themselves into pole position will be the winners.
This is exactly why I'm optimistic sunrise will be expedited, or at the very least one time. Non stop is the way of the future.