PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Rednecks wreck our fair go reputation
Old 5th May 2020, 08:54
Hoosten

Received 68 Likes on 21 Posts
Oh, I don't know, call me naive but when it comes to being lied to from a politician I'd rather it be in a democracy where there's a fair to middling chance that the turds lieing will be discovered and them being held to account rather than in a totalitarian state where if they don't like you calling them out on their lieing you, a) get sent to a gulag for re-education, b) you disappear, are murdered and your organs harvested just in case old mate Xi needs them, c) end up in just a plain ole jail for months/years without charge or trial while they mess with your head.

I kinda like living in a society where the internet and media are not censored (apart from d!ckhead Zuckerburg's brand of censorship).

It helps to separate the good Chinese folk from the CCP. I had a 27 year old student that knew nothing about Tiananmen Square until he arrived in Australia. He also happened to be one of the funniest and personable blokes I've met, wanted the same things out of life for himself and his family. Will be a lifelong friend.

Perhaps if the rest the rest of the world didn't demand the US be the World Police (f@ck yeah) and stopped whinging when they did & didn't intervene we'd be all sweet? Yeah/Nah, evil has a nasty habit of gaining the upper hand when neutrals stand around and watch.