PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget post Covid
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 08:11
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All fair and valid points. But I ask one question. If this outbreak was to continue growing exponentially around the globe with no lockdown, why are we now seeing that Stockholm’s infection rate seems to have peaked? It’s not behaving anything like how the models we used previously behaved as they should. The models are potentially wrong. How has it burned out much quicker than expected, with the Swedish government now saying they will have Herd immunity in a few weeks?

There are very good reasons why R0 was so high to begin with. The fact remains, if vulnerable categories were to lock down further, I.e. no leaving the house unless to an area isolated of others, no shopping and real effort was made to supply
them (by using those as suppliers who have antibodies for example) and the rest continue and get back to work, then the same outcome desired can be obtained, low overall death rate, with the added bonus many many more will be developing immunity.

In respect to who has had it, we have vulnerable family members so it was essential we knew, you can get tests done privately. We have had 3 other cases in our relatively small village (family of skiers who went to Zermatt).

The UK government have been absolutely useless in the main. They have lurched from one populist crisis response to the other. The initial shutdown, Ventilators, PPE, testing. It’s all been handled as a piecemeal approach. I get things are moving quickly but the biggest mistake they made was by allowing a scaremongering media to continue unchecked (and they do have the legal means and political means to control this) we have lost control of a sense of reality.

All I do know is I’ll do as I’m told and trust the government for a little longer at least.
History has shown blind obedience to the government is not a good thing. Please don’t wait too much longer.

Last edited by VinRouge; 5th May 2020 at 09:22.