PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Budget post Covid
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2020, 06:41
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
VinRouge

I’m not going to dissect your entire post, mainly because I have no idea what the correct answer is.

However, there is one glaring contradiction that I can’t allow to pass unchallenged.

You mention that a normal flu season kills 3-600000 people but that Covid has ‘only’ killed ~260000 in five months. This willfully ignores the fact that this number comes after a global lockdown of unprecedented scale. This does not happen every flu season.

You seem to base your hypothesis on the fact that you have had Covid and it didn’t kill you so it can’t be that bad. I also guess that your personal stance on it is based, more than a little, on how it has affected your industry.

I don’t know anyone personally who has had a confirmed case yet (I know a few people who may have had it) so I have very little knowledge of the reality of the disease. All I do know is I’ll do as I’m told and trust the government for a little longer at least.

My more relaxed approach is clearly a result of how my livelihood has been relatively unaffected. I would almost certainly feel differently if I were in your shoes.

Please don’t take this post as me picking a fight but I just wanted to highlight a slight air of disengenuity in your maths.

BV