PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - resumption of flights to North America(NA)
Old 5th May 2020, 01:30
V1virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exfocx
lolololololol. How about some logic on this? Where is the virus doing the most damage, where are the deaths the highest and where is the DEAR LEADER doing jack sh!te about it? Oh, the US you say. Correct. I seriously doubt there will be flights to the US anytime soon, it would be political suicide for the Fed Gov to open our borders to anyone coming from there as you only need to listen to everyday people and anything Trump is on the nose. The place is out of control.

I would agree though, that Morrison is looking for any excuse to get back to "normal" as he was dragged by the states to tightening up as early as we did.

As an aside I do not trust the CMO or the DCMO, imo they're both caught up in the politics, instead of just giving the medical advice it appears to me they're now part of the political process and are one and the same as Morrision.
This tiered reopening in Australia is stupid - the criteria should be simple. X% of the population tested including random sampling and no new positive tests for 2-3 weeks. Anywhere that achieves it is quarantined(green zoned) and can go back to business as usual ie no restrictions other then continued testing and can trade freely with any other areas that have achieved it. 14 day hotel Quarantine for anyone not coming from a green zone - interstate or international. It doesn't matter. Funny enough after New Zealand the next big economy that would probably meet the criteria would be direct flights from parts of China.

A tiered reopening is stupid - the second wave will take hold - then tighten restrictions, then loosen, then tighten for a indefinite time. Just suck it up, lock the country down eradicate the virus. Rip the band aid off then get back to work 100%.