PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 16:05
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another conundrum for the airports and airlines is that on one hand they will try to introduce 'measures' that they think will reassure passengers (or 'theatre' as one poster has said) but on the other hand they make what was already a horrible airport / airline experience so utterly unbearable that people will just not fly in the numbers they used to. The sight of an airport or plane full of glove and mask wearing folks is only likely to promulgate fear not alleviate it.
As far as business travel is concerned, there was a chance of redemption if this had been a short-term issue but the longer this goes on, the better people will become at finding alternatives to the point that only really occasional travel will be required. I wondered how I would cope at first without being able to fly to projects but frankly technology (far from perfect but functional) has allowed me to continue without the stress of airports and the cost of flying. Profit margins are increasing due to the lower costs involved. The money stays in my business rather than being spent at airports and airlines.