PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hosting One's own photos with a URL
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 13:25
Jhieminga

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
That's a good suggestion but I haven't yet figured out how to easily share a photo from Google photos to a forum. There are easy options to share on Facebook and Twitter, but I can only create a link to an entire album, not to a single photo. Then again, if you already have an Android phone you will also have a Google (Gmail) account and the associated storage option and your phone may well automatically upload everything. Personally, I would be a bit hesitant to have Google upload all my photos as I'm not that happy with their T&Cs. But that's a personal thing.
Flickr has a simple upload page, just drag and drop the photos on the page. Once you have done this, open the photo on Flickr and there is a 'share' icon at bottom right with various options. For PPRuNe, due to the way this forum software works, you only need to share one link (don't use the 'embed' option) and paste that in your post. The forum software will convert this into a small box that shows your photo and provides the option to view a larger version on Flickr.