PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Korea!
Thread: North Korea!
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 11:16
Asturias56

Received 364 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by Imagegear
Asti,

I must say, as the OP of the China's Expansionist Strategy thread, that while I am not unduly filled with the sour milk of appeasement in regard to North Korea, that border has been fermenting for a lot longer than my existence. Would democracy in NK bring about peace? perhaps between the North and the South, but will China allow it to happen? Not in my lifetime I suggest.

As for Little Fat Wun, I would not propose his immediate demise anymore than I would the tiger mosquito which buzzed round my head for half the night. I would just be satisfied with him buzzing off out the window.

IG

I once had an incredibly boozy dinner with some very senior S Korean businessmen. The Oldest wanted to invade the North tomorrow, the middle aged guy was worried what it would do to the economy and the youngest wouldn't take NK if it was offered on a plate for free. I was astonished that they were all willing to debate the subject without the usual "rank" issues . They said it was an argument that went on all the time - in offices, at home, down the bar - so my view is that if they can't make up their minds we should stay well out of it