PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE easyJet MPL 2020
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 23:25
Livethedream83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current easyJet MPL student

I am currently an EasyJet MPL student, having just completed ground school. I can confirm that we have not had any news from easyJet as of yet. We have been told we will receive an update shortly.

In addition to courses that were due to start being cancelled, some who have just started have also been cancelled. Things are not looking hopeful.

It’s incredibly frustrating, I have worked for 10years to save money for training for my dream job, in addition to giving up my career, it now feels so far away. I agree with comments above, if we do get the bad news that the MPL course is being pulled, I don’t think I will pay more money to convert to an ATPL course. There just isn’t any point given the massive number of surplus pilots out there. Unfortunately I’ve got to be realistic.

If I were to continue my training it most likely be down the modular route. I am in the fortunate position that I haven’t paid for any of the flying as of yet so can get out of this without having incurred too much damage, unfortunately some are not as fortunate.