PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 20:19
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike current
Healthy people don't infect others. We should be releasing healthy people back in the community.
Testing and tracing is the key.
We have better technology and widespread media to order takeaways than to detect trace and contact positive cases.
Current testing for key workers should have been available 6 weeks ago. Right now we should be rolling it to the communities.
This requires massive resources and logistics which should have been prepared months ago. We have a defence budget for wars that never happen. This should have been treated the same way.
Yet somehow the daily government updates are trying to make us think they've done a great job so far.
There is a clown on the other side of the Atlantic who uses the expression "great job" a lot. (Tremendous too). That's usually to indicate anything BUT a great job...
Very well said, testing is not going far enough. As we are told the Gov has gone further than testing 100,000 a day (NHS , key workers and Care homes now included) are we testing these people over and over ? While they are fighting for us all and deserve to be tested should we not be starting to test the wider communities after all its those people catching the Virus and ending up in hospital. Test as many in the public as is possible then you know who does or does not have the virus ??

Not exactly sure how the Track test and isolate system is going to work if I got a ping on the app telling me I had been in contact with someone who has it ? That person who passed it on obviously did not know they had it or they would have been in isolation if they did. Before a vaccination is found I think mass testing is possibly the one major way out of Lockdown. So many could be walking around totally oblivious that they are carrying the Virus. TEST TEST TEST or is that finacially too expensive for the UK