PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cometh the hour, cometh the man
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 16:55
unclenelli

Location: Civ/HAL/SHY/FYY/PWK/AAS/WAD/AVI/GPT/BZN/BSN/WAD/BAS/FLK/WIT/MND/WAD/WIT/WAD/Civ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
I have been involved in medal mounting for many years so I do know the rationale behind court mounting, and how it is done. Medals on larger groups need to be overlapped to avoid them becoming ridiculously wide (think Kenny Everett's US general), but a group of four like Colonel Tom's should be mounted side by side, thus there is little risk of the medals being damaged by clinking together, at funerals or anywhere else. My point was that until the late 20th century it was normal practice for medals to be mounted swing style, so to see a WW2 vintage group court mounted just looks wrong to me. Nothing to stop retired individuals mounting their medals according to their own tastes, but I do prefer to see the old style.
UK Ribbons are 4-wide, then a new row, medals are 5-wide, than start overlapping.
Check out this fella!!!!

Although a lot of his RHS are foreign and gizzits, you CANNOT accuse him of being a Walt due the the Far Left Aussie VC!!!!
WO Keith Payne

They may not be officially authorised, but he still earned evey one of them!

Last edited by unclenelli; 3rd May 2020 at 18:10.