PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:50
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FFMAN
I've gone from being mildly optimistic about the impact on air travel to totally pessimistic. It's all about the way people have reacted to this. It has become a media fuelled fear fest. I've even stopped going out for a walk now because as soon as someone sees you they freak out like you're a leper. They appear physically repulsed at the very thought of being anything closer than 10 m. I'm sure some people would literally vomit with fear if they actually came as close as 2m. This is part of the mental health pandemic that is probably going to be more damaging than the virus. It will put millions of people off flying for years. I personally don't have an issue with getting on a plane or sitting next to someone because I'm not old and I'm fit and healthy. If I was old or had a health condition, I wouldn't go near a plane.... and have you seen the age profile of those that (used to) keep planes full out of the main holiday seasons? Travel insurance for the old and vulnerable will become prohibitive.
The only way this will be fixed is a vaccine.
​​​​​​Interesting. You're the one who won't go out for a walk so seems you are more paranoid.

I lost count how many times you wrote the word 'old'. Why?

I'm not young but am not afraid of living!!