PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:52
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
I agree Racedo - We, plus the aviation industry, the Economy, the Banks, will all have to press a very large Reset Button that will see the face of everything change beyond recognition to the way we lived and operated just 3 months ago.
I keep calling the restart of the economy "The Great Reboot", it will be and there will be the mother and father (other parental parings are available) of all sales from a retail perspective. All stores will have huge stocks, more stocks coming in and no sales for 2-3 months. Cash is king so getting any cash will be what is needed. Added in the significant number who are gone permanently with liquidators holding their stock and happy to get anything. Full price for anything will not happen this year.

Mate wants a new car, he fully intends to get one with a stupid price offer to dealers, if they say no he goes to the next one but as likely half the plate period will be over he sees an opportunity.

Kenny Jacobs as he was leaving Ryanair last week suggested that there would mega sales in Ryanair when thy allowed fly again. Yup I can see that happening and will use.

In tandem with "The Great Reboot" will be "The Great Reset". Many people furloughed are having best time of the lives, getting a paid holiday to sit at home and do nothing, no travelling to work, nowhere to spend money, mortgages and debts parked. A chance to sit and think where am I going in life. Many people will exit the rat race completely deciding that time to thing about what I really want to do.

There are also the many who get to work from home for the first time, realising they can be just as productive over the day and yup 9-5 may not suit but 8-8 where family time is built in and everything works around this may be a better option. The £20 a day travelling to work, 2 hours a day gone, lunches and coffee etc not bought is a bloody big saving.

It will be an interesting time for eveybody.

Who would have thought that today we would discuss here comments made from Ryanair's CEO M O'L, who said a few days ago when also sadly announcing (along with BA) that many thousands's of staff job cuts were looming, and he added the caveat "IF we survive this''

RYR, BA, VS and EZY who all the UK's major airlines are all struggling to survive, and 1 or 2 of those may not, or they may just survive but in a very different size & form.
RYR has not as yet, said that they are seriously running out of cash but the others have.
MOL is often the canary in the mine, he is also used by others to be so because they cannot say what he says. Every body plays a part and he pushes the envelope. All airline bosses speak and they meet at trade events. In ensuring a cartel doesn't emerge you can bet all meetings are written up afterwards. It doesn't mean all agree with each other but one issue for one will likely affect all.

It is awful to comment on the looming scale of job losses - My aviation career from 1972 saw almost every airline that I worked for go bust in one form or another, often without telling me or without prior knowledge to make a plan.
My commiserations to all colleagues still working in our industry and humbly acknowledge this pain.
Bloody Jonah.................... only joking.

Post 9/11 the industry looked dead but in Europe it was Ryanair who bet the farm. They are less risk takers now but will go all in.