PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2020, 06:16
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
I agree Racedo - We, plus the aviation industry, the Economy, the Banks, will all have to press a very large Reset Button that will see the face of everything change beyond recognition to the way we lived and operated just 3 months ago.

Who would have thought that today we would discuss here comments made from Ryanair's CEO M O'L, who said a few days ago when also sadly announcing (along with BA) that many thousands's of staff job cuts were looming, and he added the caveat "IF we survive this''

RYR, BA, VS and EZY who all the UK's major airlines are all struggling to survive, and 1 or 2 of those may not, or they may just survive but in a very different size & form.
RYR has not as yet, said that they are seriously running out of cash but the others have.

It is awful to comment on the looming scale of job losses - My aviation career from 1972 saw almost every airline that I worked for go bust in one form or another, often without telling me or without prior knowledge to make a plan.
My commiserations to all colleagues still working in our industry and humbly acknowledge this pain.