PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 23:30
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planedrive
UK government giving money to an Irish airline to operate BHD LHR? Why is our government spending our taxes on a foreign airline when there are at least 2 British Airlines flying from Belfast to London?
oh dear, you have to love this! Why to me as Irish person does this feel oppressive. My parentage is Northern 'Irish' and your comments feel just the same as the oppressive anti Irish commentary that I often hear in the NI media.
Most people in the North avoid this kind of commentary for obvious reasons. We now look forward as part of a shared society recognising that while NI certainly is in the UK, it also is part of the Island of Ireland, the two parts which are inextricably linked and share many things, like electricity grid, gas, infrastructure, tourism etc etc.

There actually are few Irish or British airlines left.
I'd agree with the subsequent poster who commented about BA not returning, I think sadly that this is a distinct possibility. We may need to rely on that Irish airline for our linkage to LHR from the province and indeed a London link to BHD ...