PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 17:04
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
Condescending, yes. However, cabin crew at Ryanair is never going to be something more than a thing to do for a few years. Seeing the outside of an airport terminal while turning a plane round doesn't count much in my opinion as an opportunity for travel when you can't easily visit the place.
Strange that cabin crew across LCs I have chatted to have lots and lots of experiences in many countrys that they have availed of cheap fares to get to.
Sleep on fellow colleagues rooms / floors / counches in a sleeping bag and visiting a new city may not be what you like. But spending the weekend in Barcelona or Madrid or Dublin or London or Amsterdam and it costing you nothing more than a discounted flight is great for them. OTOH my nieces and nephews do exactly that with friends across EU and they don't work in airline industry.

Yes, cabin crew has a serious side, but the T&Cs of employment are mediocre at best. Anyone working as FR cabin crew should be thinking of the next thing to do so as to ensure they get the most out of their life
So what ? Who are you to judge what someone does in their working life.

The graduates I worked with in 2016 referenced an article where someone got dismissed when he highlighted that graduates were more interested in quality of life than ascending the career ladder. They saw parents / family marraiges collapse as people got sucked into corporate world who could never be around for them. I have asked grads the same question since and found having a life and friends was more important than the next career step. Think you find at the end of this that that view will predominate.