PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling MarkerInbound !
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 13:19
awair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going back to the original question, I think it would really depend on how the original check-ride was performed and why the restriction;
1) Was it a full PIC rating?
2) Was the restriction solely because the candidate did not meet ATP criteria?

If that is the case, FAA records will show the completion of the appropriate check-ride (PTS items), and this may possibly be fixed by licensing action only?

bafanguy You also mentioned 61.64: my read of this is, that this section is not appropriate. This details the scenario where a Simulator is used, that is not fully qualified. IE a qualified candidate may not act as PIC, because the Sim cannot be used to check all required items.

340drvr To clarify:
61.31: PIC requirements, and when a Type Rating is required (“large” and/or Jet)
61.55: SIC requirements & SIC Type Rating requirements
61.63: Additional Type Rating (IE use the ACS to determine check-ride contents)
61.155: Knowledge Test requirements (not required, in example given by OP)
61.156: ATP-CTP course (not relevant for existing ATP)
61.157: Initial ATP or Type Rating standards (again, check the ACS)

Analysis: based on 61.157(d)
“Upgrading of Type Ratings” I believe that this only refers to a candidate who held a Commercial (or Private), with a Type Rating who upgrades to ATP. They would have held a full (PIC) Rating, to fly as PIC in operations other than 121/135.
So a SIC rating does not automatically get upgraded, unless it was incorrectly issued, as considered above.