PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC to recruit externally..
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 09:20
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ES,

I didn't necessaritly mean just the QF pilots either, and is not a QF crew slag off.

In reality, QF crews have had a pretty good wicket for years, and I don't care how it compares to United pilots or anyone else, in this country, it is pretty bloody good, despite the odd justified/unjustified gripe.

When you have others wanting a 'part of the action', even if it means for 'less' but still 'more' than what they are accustomed too, QF crews jobs or any other airline job, is a fair target.

In a previous post, someone ran the idea of a 'Pilot's Guild' - which is probably the best idea so far with regard to establishing wilfully or forcefully a pilot collective.

The problem is though, and this is the root of it, that pilots, being generally a bunch of self loving b@stards, are very much about 'my sacrifice, my struggle, my command, my mortgage' especially when they are on a good wicket, and adopt a Marie Antoinette attitude of 'let them eat cake' for the rest of the 'have nots'.

So it is natural that the other pilots, take the same attitude, for less money. (I don't think Pacific Blue or DJ are experiencing a shortage of applicants).

If the 'haves' do nothing about helping or creating a better environment for the 'have nots' well, you had better guard the ramparts.

But it's a bit late for that now, really.