PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol-5
Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:20
ATNotts

Received 287 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
You cannot be called in on promise of future payment and I suspect neither can you be self employed to do the same work. If you’re furloughed you do no work for that organisation, full stop. The community/cultural/charity sector have been ‘volunteering’ in each others organisations. In theory aviation or any other sector could do this but I suspect the complexities of it are too great to be worthwhile, making sure a museum is in order is a bit different to flying someone else’s Airbus
I am working on Monday, I will be paid, but after the end of furlough - it's just an hour's Webex training course prior to unfurloughing, so there are most certainly ways around the regulations. Work I did before furlough was announced, but after the date of commencement is being paid to me on Tuesday as part of the regular pay run. I work for a large multinational, based in UK, that has been meticulous in checking the regs., to the extend that they took longer than some to come up with our furlough package.